Logic List Mailing Archive
FLOC'02 Call for Workshops (fwd)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:08:17 -0600 (CST)
From: Martin Grohe <email@example.com>
Subject: FLOC'02 Call for Workshops
The 2002 Federated Logic Conference
Call For Workshop Proposals
The third Federated Logic Conference (FLOC'02), will be held at the
University of Copenhagen, Denmark, in July 2002, hosted at DIKU. The
following seven conferences will participate in FLoC:
* Conference on Automated Deduction (CADE).
* Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV).
* Conference on Formal Methods (FM).
* International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP).
* IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS).
* Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA).
* Conference on Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods (TABLEAUX).
For more information see http://floc02.diku.dk/.
The organizers have made arrangements to facilitate the running of
pre-, post-, and mid-FLoC workshops. Each workshop will have its own
registration. It is not necessary to register for FLoC in order to
attend workshops. Meeting rooms and accommodations have been reserved
at the Hans Christian Orsted Institute for
* Pre-FLoC workshops: Saturday July 20-Sunday July 21, 2002.
* Mid-FLoC workshops: Thursday July 25-Friday July 26, 2002.
* Post-FLoC workshops: Wednesday July 31-Thursday August 1, 2002.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for
workshops on topics relating logic, broadly understood, to computer
science. Each workshop proposal must indicate one sponsoring
conference among the participating conferences. (It is suggested that
prospective workshop organizers contact the conference program chair
before submitting a proposal.) The sponsoring conference will have to
accept financial responsibility for the workshop. The FLoC Organizing
Committee will determine the final list of accepted workshops based on
the recommendations from the sponsoring conferences and subject to the
availability of space and facilities.
Proposals should consist of two parts. First, a short scientific
justification of the proposed topic, its significance, and the
particular benefits of a workshop. A second, organizational, part
* contact information about organizers
* proposed format and agenda
* procedures for selecting papers and participants
* duration (which may vary from one day to two days) and preferred period.
* proposed sponsoring conference
Additional organizational plans may include:
* potential invited speakers
* demo sessions
* plans for proceedings or other publications
Proposals are due May 15, 2001. Organizers will be notified by June
15, 2001. Proposals may be submitted either electronically or in hard
copy, and should be addressed to the Program Chair of the sponsoring
conference as well as to
Sebastian Skalberg (Workshop Chair)
DIKU, University of Copenhagen
DK-2100 Copenhagen East
+45 353 21448 (secretary)
+45 353 21403 (office)
+45 353 21401 (fax)