Logic List Mailing Archive
Two postdoctoral positions in epistemic & semantic commitments of foundational theories, Warsaw (Poland), Deadline: 15 Jan 2022
Open Call for up to 2 fully funded Postdoc positions (each for 2 years)
within the framework of the grant MAESTRO 2019/34/A/HS1/00399, financed by
National Science Center (Narodowe Centrum Nauki), Poland
Host institution: University of Warsaw, Poland
Project title: Epistemic and semantic commitments of foundational theories
The main objective of the project is to provide a deep conceptual and
formal analysis of the notion of commitments of a foundational theory,
where the latter expression stands for a theory that can develop a
significant portion of mathematics (examples: Peano arithmetic,
Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory). The notion of a commitment is essentially
involved in many discussions in contemporary formal philosophy.
For more information about the project, see
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to get acquainted with the
project group style of research.
Principal investigator: Prof. Cezary Cieslinski, Faculty of Philosophy,
University of Warsaw, Poland.
Requirements: for the list of requirements and eligibility conditions, see
Tasks will include:
- Engagement in the realization of the grant project research tasks.
- Regular presentations of intermediate research results at workshops and
- Publication of results in journals and/or conference proceedings.
- Participation in the organization of research activities and events
related to the research project, such as conferences, workshops and joint
- Very interesting open research problems (of both philosophical and
- Membership in an internationally active and vibrant research team.
- Budget for conference travel and research visits.
- Budget for electronic equipment (laptop).
- The candidate's primary responsibility will be to conduct research on
topics covered by the grant.
- The position starts no sooner than March 1 2022 and lasts for a maximum
of two years.
- Total remuneration: around 99 000 PLN gross per year
Required documents: for the list of required documents, see
How to apply
- In order to apply, please send the message to email@example.com
attaching the required documents in pdf format. All the documents should
be in English.
A short list will be made based on the candidates' applications.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview (possibly, in a
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Timetable and deadlines
- 15.01.2022 - deadline for submitting applications.
- Late January - interviews with the candidates.
- End of January - the candidates are informed about the results
- March 2022 (this date is negotiable) - the applicant starts working in the
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[LOGIC] mailing list
provided by a collaboration of the DVMLG, the Maths Departments in Bonn and Hamburg, and the ILLC at the Universiteit van Amsterdam